We provide national oversight of the policies, practices and culture within Catholic entities that promote the safety of children and adults at risk.
We do this by:
- setting the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards for use across the Catholic Church in Australia;
- supporting Catholic entities to develop the knowledge, skills and capacity to implement appropriate safeguards;
- providing training, policies, templates resources and advice;
- establishing an audit and review framework to publicly report on how Catholic entities are meeting the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards; and
- managing the Australian Catholic Ministry Register that supports the safe movement of clergy and religious across jurisdictions.