Report a concern

You do not need to be absolutely certain that abuse or neglect of a child or vulnerable person has occurred before you call the authorities. If you suspect a child or vulnerable person is at risk of harm, you can call the authority in your state or territory to discuss your concerns and they will decide whether an investigation is required.

Any adult who forms a reasonable belief that a sexual offence has been committed by an adult against a child under 16 has an obligation to report that information to Police. Failure to disclose the information to Police is a criminal offence.

If a situation is life threatening, contact Police on '000'

There are a range of ways to raise concerns and seek advice and support.  Some depend on where you live.  Some depend on where the organisation you have a concern about is based.

Find out more about raising concerns and seeking support nationally and in all States and Territories.