Ballarat Catholic diocese passes child safety audit
Monday, 16 September 2019
Source: Ballarat Courier
An audit of child safety at the Catholic Diocese of Ballarat found it has met 73 per cent of new safeguarding recommendations and is working on the remaining 27 per cent.
The diocese is the first in Australia to be audited by Catholic Professional Standards Limited, which looks at current approaches to child safety, and structures for complaint response and management.
Auditors travelled to a sample of parishes across the diocese, reviewed structures in place, and interviewed staff and volunteers - this included at the diocese office, Catholic Education Office, and Centacare.